Faux Plants are trending right now and it’s a good thing. I love gardening outside but I’m not that great at keeping plants alive inside my home.
Back in the day, most faux plants looked, well, fake. And you wouldn’t find a faux plant in any room of my house.
Times sure have changed and now you can find your favorite faux indoor plants that look real. No longer are fake plants stuck over in a corner to gather dust, but they can add a finished, beautiful look to a room.
Let’s look at the most popular faux plants.
The best Faux Plants For Your Modern Farmhouse
- Olive Trees – Olive trees are all the rage right now and I have found several pretty olive trees that I love. You can see my picks at the end of this post. These Mediterranean trees are perfect for any style of home.
- Ficus Trees – The ficus tree has long been a favorite of mine and these faux trees do not disappoint.
- Citrus Trees – Whether you are decorating with an orange or lemon tree, citrus trees are always in style.
- Succulents – Succulents are beautiful and I just can’t get enough. I love these unique succulent bridal bouquets.
- Fig Trees – Fiddle leaf fig trees are simply beautiful.
I, for one, am glad that artificial plants are trendy now. Here are a few tips for going faux.
- Don’t scrimp on materials. I’m all for getting a good deal but cheapo plants will probably look cheap. Faux plants tend to be pricy. On the bright side, they last for a long, long time.
- While I love faux plants, I’m not that into faux plastic-looking flowers. Make sure it looks imperfectly perfect. In other words, the same way a real plant or tree will look.
- To make your faux plant look less fake, repot the plant in a container/planter.
- Place plants in places they would grow naturally if they were real.
- You can even use faux plants on your porch, patio, or deck.
Of course, if you have a green thumb, then, by all means, find plants that will grow and thrive in your house. For those who don’t have a green thumb, a few fake plants will add beauty to your home.
Click on a pic below to shop straight from this post!